Indian Oil Corporation Limited the largest commercial undertaking in India and a Fortune “Global 500” company requires result oriented experienced personnel with initiative and enterprise for its refinery unit at Vadodara (Gujarat).
On-line Applications are invited from bright, young and energetic persons of Indian Nationality for the following posts in the pay scale of Rs.11,900-32,000
Qualification (Full Time Regular Courses only from Indian Universities/ Institutes) :
3 years Diploma in Chemical/ Refinery & Petrochemical Engg. or B.Sc. (Maths, Physics, Chemistry or Industrial Chemistry) from a recognized Institute/ University with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate for General, OBC and EWS candidates & 45% in case of SC/ST candidates against reserved positions.
Name Of the Post : Junior Engineering Assistant-IV (Production).
Area of Experience :
Minimum one year of post qualification experience in operation (rotating shift) of Pump House, Fired Heater, Compressor, Distillation Column, Reactor, Heat exchanger etc. in a Petroleum Refinery/ Petrochemicals/ Fertilizer/ Heavy Chemical/ Gas Processing Industry.
Pay & Perks:
Besides Basic Pay and Industrial pattern of DA, the other allowances / benefits include HRA/subsidized housing accommodation (as per availability), Medical Facilities, Productivity/ Performance Related Pay, Gratuity, Contributory Provident Fund, Employees’ Pension Scheme, Group Savings Linked Insurance, Group Personal Accident Insurance, Leave Encashment, Leave Travel Concession/LFA, Contributory Superannuation Benefit Fund Scheme, House Building Advance, Conveyance Advance/Maintenance Reimbursement, Children Education Allowance etc., as per Corporation rules.
Age Limit : 18 to 26 Years ( as on 30/09/2019) , Relaxation in age following Government Rules.
Vacancy : Total = 38, UR – 16, EWS – 03, SC – 03, ST – 06, OBC – 10
1. The selection methodology will comprise Written Test and a Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test (SPPT) which will be of qualifying nature.
2. A candidate will have to secure a minimum of 40% marks in the written test to qualify for further consideration.
3. The minimum qualifying marks in the written test will be relaxed by 5% for candidates belonging to SC/ST categories considered against reserved positions.
4. Obtaining minimum qualifying marks in the written test does not confer any right or claim by the candidate for being shortlisted for further consideration or the final selection, as the same is related to number of positions, ratio applied and relative performance in respective categories.
5. Short listed candidates, in the ratio of 1:2 (two candidates for one post, with due cognizance to number of reserved posts) subject to securing minimum qualifying marks in the written test, will be required to undergo a Skill/Proficiency/Physical Test (SPPT). The SPPT shall be conducted by a duly constituted committee.
6. In case of tie of marks in the written test for the last position on the Shortlist for SPPT, all such candidates shall be called for the SPPT, even if the total number exceeds the prescribed ratio. If such a situation arises anywhere before the last position while drawing a list, the last name/last few names, in proportion to the prescribed ratio, will get eliminated.
7. Category-wise Merit list shall be drawn on the basis of marks obtained in the written test from & out of the said short-list; only for such candidates who qualify in the SPPT.
8. In case of tie of marks for the last position on the Merit List, the candidate with prior date of birth (senior by age) shall find a place in the Merit list. However, the name of the junior shall also be retained in the said Merit List, as the last name. If such a situation arises anywhere before the last position while drawing a list, the last name/last few names in the list, in proportion to the prescribed ratio, will get eliminated.
9. Ex-Servicemen candidates, if found suitable, will be considered against reserved vacancy irrespective of their position in Merit list (in order of merit within the category) on horizontal reservation policy.
10. The candidature of the applicant would be provisional and subject to subsequent verification of certificates/ testimonials, experience etc. At any stage of the selection process, if it is found that the candidate has furnished false or incorrect information, the candidature/appointment of the candidate will be cancelled.
11. Filling up of vacancies is solely at the discretion of the management based on suitability of candidates and no claim will arise for appointment, if some of these vacancies are not filled due to unsuitability of available candidates or insufficiency in number of candidates.
12. The decision of the Management will be final and binding on all candidates on all matters relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of the application, mode of selection, cancellation of the selection process either in part or full, etc. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
How to Apply: On-Line Application Form :
1. Before applying on-line, a candidate must have an active email ID and a mobile phone number which must remain valid for at-least twelve month period for future communication (including issue of call letters).
2. The candidate should have the relevant documents/certificates pertaining to age, qualification, caste, experience, scanned copy of colour photograph and signature in jpg format (size not exceeding 50 KB) ready before applying on-line. The photo and signature in digital form will be required to be uploaded.
3. Candidates meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria for a post, may visit the website of IOCL www.iocl.com and apply on-line via ‘What’s New’ > click on Requirement of Experienced Non-Executive personnel at Gujarat Refinery. The website will remain open from 10.10.2019 (10:00 Hrs) and closes on 30.10.2019 (17:00 Hrs). Only online mode of applications will be accepted. All future communication with candidate will take place only through website / email / mobile phone.
4. After successfully applying / registering on-line applications, the candidates are advised to send the print out of on-line application form, duly signed by him along with all supporting documents (as Mentioned in the Checklist attached as Annexure A) & a photograph under self attestation, by ordinary post to Dy. General Manager (A&W), Indian Oil Corporation Limited, P.O. Jawahar Nagar, Dist. Vadodara -391 320(Gujarat) so as to reach us by 09.11.2019.
5. If printout of the online application of a candidate is not received by the refinery unit applied for, by 09.11.2019, his candidature shall be summarily rejected. Candidates should super scribe the Name of Post Applied for, name of the Refinery Unit and Post Code on the top of the envelope.
6. The Candidates shall ensure that the printout of the online applications are sent to the concerned authority at the Refinery Unit applied for. Application of candidate submitting online application for one Unit and sending the printout of the online application to other Unit shall be summarily rejected. 7. Candidates are advised to carry a copy of the online application form with originals & self-authenticated copies of all testimonials and produce the same at the time of SPPT for verification.
8. Incomplete applications, applications not supported by copies of relevant documents, applications not fulfilling the eligibility criteria or applications received after the last date of receipt of applications (in physical form) shall be treated as “Rejected”.
9. Candidates shall note that the documents sent to any other address or sent as a registered letter, shall stand automatically rejected.
10. Further information regarding written examination, call letters, results, etc. shall be made available through this website/ over email. Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep visiting the website regularly.
11. Canvassing in any form is liable to render the candidate ineligible. Queries, if any, may be addressed to the following e-mail ids & Contact Nos. given below.